FREE VIRTUAL CLASS!
This class is free to the community, but a suggested donation of $25 is welcome. ♥
Zoom Details will be provided via email upon registration.
Ages 12 - Adult
Presenter: Janet Loubet Velarde
Date: Saturday, December 12th
Time: 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Polymer Clay is a blast! We will learn basic techniques; color blending, handbuilding, tools, and more. I will guide you through constructing a basic cane, for cutting into tiles or making beads and you will make at least 1 handmade bead (most likely 2 or 3). I will share my clay “hacks” and we will breakdown different brands and elements of polymer clay. I will share resources, as well. The tactile aspect of it is so satisfying, and the colours, blending and design are wide open.
- Level and smooth work area at least 20 x 20 inches
- Polymer Clay (Suggest Fimo, Sculpey or Cernit brands)
- Long razor blade
- Rolling pin or fondant roller (acrylic is best) If you don’t have one, a sturdy and smooth even (same diameter bottom and top) tumbler will do.
- Smooth tile or smooth acrylic or glass cutting board (smooth surface, not porous is best)
- Access to oven or toaster oven, and a timer.
- Baking sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Graph Paper (for measuring for equality in size when working w cane and clay)
- Toothpick or large diameter needle, like a large embroidery needle (for making holes).
- Small piece of extra fine sand paper
- Clean, dry cloth