FREE VIRTUAL CLASS!
This class is free to the community, but a suggested donation of $25 is welcome. ♥
Zoom Details will be provided via email upon registration.
Ages 12 - Adult
Presenter: Janet Loubet Velarde
Date: Saturday, December 5th
Time: 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
In this class you will explore the method and construct beautiful, whimsical ornaments with various wires and beads and/or charms. You will end the class with at least 2 ornaments to gift or keep. We will discuss and learn about various metal wires and how they behave. We will demystify the gauge of wire, different practices, along with metal materials and shapes available. These ornaments are special, in the sense that they have some say in how they turn out! Working with metal forming is really a relationship.
- Level and smooth work area, at least 20 x 20 inches
- Assorted wire
- Assorted beads and any special artifacts (small shells, charms, broken jewelry, special beads). Crystal, glass and metal beads are a nice addition to catch the light
- Any special heirloom items or beads/objects (small) that you want to incorporate
- Small metal nippers
- Needle Nose jewellery pliers
- 3 feet narrow ribbon or twine
- Dry soft cloth
- An open mind!