FREE VIRTUAL CLASS!
Zoom Details will be provided via email upon registration.
After registering, an email with the Zoom details will be provided to you within an hour. If you don't see an email with the class name as the subject, check your Junk/Spam folders, and check your email settings to see that you have firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com as allowed/whitelisted addresses. If you have checked these options and don't see an email, notify firstname.lastname@example.orgAges 12 - Adult
Presenter: Mary Gail King
Date: Saturday, February 27th
Time: 3:00 - 5:00 PM
Perfect for beginners! We’ll paint Van Gogh’s Starry Night in watercolor together and learn a little bit about him and outer space while we’re at it. Art instructor Mary Gale-King is President Emeritus of the California Gold Coast Watercolor Society and her work is included in both corporate and private collections in North America and throughout the world.
- Watercolors & Water. Prang makes nice watercolor sets for mixing.
- OR: A set of watercolor “dot” palettes with 66 colors from Daniel Smith watercolors or whatever you have on hand. You just need a very basic palette, one of each primary color and green works. Mary also uses white gouache paint with these; it is beginner-friendly and gives an old-fashioned feel.
- Watercolor Paper: Any size of decent watercolor paper can be used. Mary uses tablets from Michaels and suggests 9"x12” watercolor paper cut to 9”x6” or 5”x7” paper from tablets which saves cutting time. She likes a “standard” size so that you can easily put it in a frame.
- Brush/brushes (any size that scales well to the paper size). For suggested brushes, click here.
- Paper towels
- Fine tip Sharpie or other black pen. Micron is a high-end art pen option.
- Reference photo of Van Gogh’s Starry Night
Program Cancellations and Refund Policy:
In the event that you are unable to attend a class or tour, a full refund for registration fees may be issued if your request is received at least 45 days before your program start date. If your request is received within 44 to 11 days of your program start date we will refund 50%. If you need to cancel within 10 days or less, unfortunately no refund can be issued. Certain programs and events are transferable to another person. If a program is cancelled by the The Lynda Fairly Carpinteria Arts Center, we will issue a full refund. Please be aware that some programs are non-refundable and this information will be specifically noted in the program description.