FREE VIRTUAL CLASS!
Zoom Details will be provided via email upon registration.
After registering, an email with the Zoom details will be provided to you within an hour. If you don't see an email with the class name as the subject, check your Junk/Spam folders, and check your email settings to see that you have email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org as allowed/whitelisted addresses. If you have checked these options and don't see an email, notify email@example.com
Ages 12 - Adult
Presenter: Janet Loubet Velarde
Date: Saturday, March 13th
Time: 2:00 - 4:00 PM
In this class, you will sharpen your cane construction skills and learn more advanced techniques to achieve a more intricate pattern. A deeper understanding of the laws of polymer clay, and how to use those canes in a handbuilding project. Students will finish class with a handbuilt mini vase or pot, or a more advanced bead construction.
- Level and smooth work area at least 20 x 20 inches
- Polymer Clay (Suggest Fimo, Sculpey or Cernit brands)
- Long razor blade
- Rolling pin or fondant roller (acrylic is best) If you don’t have one, a sturdy and smooth even (same diameter bottom and top) tumbler will do.
- Smooth tile or smooth acrylic or glass cutting board (smooth surface, not porous is best)
- Access to oven or toaster oven, and a timer.
- Baking sheet
- Parchment Paper
- Graph Paper (for measuring for equality in size when working w cane and clay)
- Toothpick or large diameter needle, like a large embroidery needle (for making holes).
- Small piece of extra fine sand paper
- Clean, dry cloth
In the event that you are unable to attend a class or tour, a full refund for registration fees may be issued if your request is received at least 45 days before your program start date. If your request is received within 44 to 11 days of your program start date we will refund 50%. If you need to cancel within 10 days or less, unfortunately no refund can be issued. Certain programs and events are transferable to another person. If a program is cancelled by the The Lynda Fairly Carpinteria Arts Center, we will issue a full refund. Please be aware that some programs are non-refundable and this information will be specifically noted in the program description.