Simple Pleasures - What Brings You Joy?
The next juried show taking place in the Charles Lo Bue Gallery on 865 Linden Ave in Carpinteria, on our website, and our social media platforms will be “Simple Pleasures", featuring art that has helped you through the pandemic to bring you joy.
The deadline for submissions will be on June 6th, and the show will open on June 27th. Jurying will be done by select members of the Carpinteria Arts Center Exhibition Committee. Accepted art is to be dropped off at the gallery and rotated in the front window at a regular basis. Additional details will be emailed to participants by June 14th.
We will need images of your art for our virtual jurying process! Take photographs of your submitted artwork to create image file, and save image file as your last name and name of artwork (example: "Rhodes-RinconMountain"). Image files must be a jpeg or tiff with a file size minimum 800 pixels by 800 pixels. Email your image files by June 6th to firstname.lastname@example.org
Simple Pleasures Details
● Our Ingathering Fee has been reduced to $3 for all artists and all pieces submitted.
● Artwork may be hang-ready OR shrink-wrapped (See our Wiring Artwork and Bin Art sections).
● Height plus width may not exceed 100” and weight must not exceed 30 pounds.
● Must be framed and wired for hanging.
● Unframed work accepted on heavy-duty stretcher bars with clean edges.
● Unframed work on stretcher bars less than 1" will not be accepted.
● Photography must be signed (front or back).
● Not to exceed 40″ in any dimension.
● Should be of solid construction.
● Should be either properly wired to hang or free standing.
● We have pedestals.
● $3 entry fee.
● All work must be for sale, and 40% commission goes to the Gallery on all sales. Our non-profit gallery will appreciate a 40% commission on your pieces from this exhibition that sell outside the gallery within 30 days of the show closing as a result of being in the show.
Please make sure your artwork is ready to hang by following these instructions on wiring your piece properly before the in-gathering:
● Choose the location for your hanging hardware. It needs to be about 1/3 down from the top of your piece. If too high, the wire will come above the top edge. If too low, the balance will be off and the top can kick off the wall instead of hanging snuggly against the wall.
● Attach the two D ring picture hangers or eye screws. D rings go directly on the back of the artwork supports and eye screws go on the inner edge of the supports.
● Thread and tie the wire through the hardware. Make sure the wire is then neatly wrapped around itself on both sides. You should have at least 2 inch “tail” on each side of the artwork depending on the size and weight of your piece.
● Make sure your wire isn’t too tight or too loose.
● Hang it on the wall and check that it was easy to hang up and that the wire doesn’t show. Please!!! Double check how it hangs on the wall.
We encourage submission of works that have not graced our walls within the last 12 months.
Take photographs of your submitted artwork to create image file, and save image file as your last name and name of artwork (example: "Rhodes-RinconMountain"). Image files must be a jpeg or tiff with a file size minimum 800 pixels by 800 pixels. Email your image files by June 6th to email@example.com. Additional details will be emailed to participants by June 14th.
For the benefit of all artists represented, artwork that is accepted must remain at the gallery until the last day of the show, 4 p.m., unless the buyer is leaving town or the work is to be shipped.
Artist's Statement or Bio
Artists accepted in the show are encouraged to submit a short (1 page) Bio and/or Artist's Statement or update a previous bio on file.
Bin Art Submittal
Artists accepted into the show may bring 1-2 pieces of shrink wrapped (cellophane) original art for sale in the gallery bin.
No giclées or copies of originals. Maximum size 22″ x 32″, unframed only, must be in a mat board.
Pieces must be clearly labeled on the back with the artist's name, titled, media, and price.
A 40% commission of art sales will be collected by the gallery.
Details to be announced.
For more information, go to our Call to Jewelers Page HERE.