Call for Art!
Queen of the Coast: Rincon Revisited
Back by popular demand, the next juried show taking place in the Charles Lo Bue Gallery on 865 Linden Ave in Carpinteria, on our website, and our social media platforms will be “Queen of the Coast: Rincon Revisited", featuring all things Rincon! All mediums are welcome.
Please be sure to read all our ingathering specifications below before submitting.
Art drop off dates will be provided via email within an hour after submitting the ingathering submission form. If you don't see an email with the subject 'Rincon Ingathering Details', check your Junk/Spam folders, and check your email settings to see that you have firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com as allowed/whitelisted addresses in your email settings. If you do not get this email, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The show will be juried by Rick Garcia and will run from January 8th to February 21st.
After you submit your entries, we will need images of your art to promote on our website! Take photographs of your submitted artwork to create image file, and save image file as the name of artwork and your last name (example: "RinconMountain-Rhodes"). Image files must be a jpeg with a file size minimum 1600 pixels in height or width. Email your image files to email@example.com
● Height plus width may not exceed 100" and weight must not exceed 30 pounds.
● Must be framed and wired for hanging.
● Unframed work accepted on heavy-duty stretcher bars with clean edges.
● Unframed work on stretcher bars less than ¾ of an inch will not be accepted.
● Photography must be signed (front or back).
● Not to exceed 40" in any direction.
● Should be of solid construction.
● Should be either properly wired to hang or free standing.
● We have pedestals.
● All work must be for sale, and 40% commission goes to the Gallery on all sales. Our non-profit gallery will appreciate a 40% commission on your pieces from this exhibition that sell outside the gallery within 30 days of the show closing as a result of being in the show.
Please make sure your artwork is ready to hang by following these instructions on wiring your piece properly before the in-gathering:
● Choose the location for your hanging hardware. It needs to be about 1/3 down from the top of your piece. If too high, the wire will come above the top edge. If too low, the balance will be off and the top can kick off the wall instead of hanging snuggly against the wall.
● Attach the two D ring picture hangers or eye screws. D rings go directly on the back of the artwork supports and eye screws go on the inner edge of the supports.
● Thread and tie the wire through the hardware. Make sure the wire is then neatly wrapped around itself on both sides. You should have at least 2 inch “tail” on each side of the artwork depending on the size and weight of your piece.
● Make sure your wire isn’t too tight or too loose.
● Hang it on the wall and check that it was easy to hang up and that the wire doesn’t show. Please!!! Double check how it hangs on the wall.
We encourage submission of works that have not graced our walls within the last 12 months.
For the benefit of all artists represented, artwork that is accepted must remain at the gallery until the last day of the show, 4 p.m., unless the buyer is leaving town or the work is to be shipped.
Artist's Statement or Bio
Artists accepted in the show are encouraged to submit a short (1 page) Bio and/or Artist's Statement or update a previous bio on file. Please provide Artist Bios in a digital text format (.pdf, .doc, .odf, .txt, etc) to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, go to our Call to Jewelers Page HERE.