The next juried show in our Charles Lo Bue Gallery at 865 Linden Avenue in Carpinteria will be “The Art of the Print.” The show will run from June 4 to July 12.
The ingathering will be held on Tuesday, June 2, from 8:30 a.m. to Noon, with pick up of works not selected on Wednesday, June 3, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
● Height plus width may not exceed 100” and weight must not exceed 30 pounds.
● Must be framed and wired for hanging.
● Unframed work accepted on heavy-duty stretcher bars with clean edges.
● Unframed work on stretcher bars less than 1" will not be accepted.
● Photography must be signed (front or back).
● Not to exceed 40″ in any dimension.
● Should be of solid construction.
● Should be either properly wired to hang or free standing.
● We have pedestals.
● 1 piece $20 or up to 3 pieces $30
● CAC members and high school students receive $5 discount.
● All work must be for sale, and 40% commission goes to the Gallery on all sales. Our non-profit galley will appreciate a 40% commission on your pieces from this exhibition that sell outside the gallery within 30 days of the show closing as a result of being in the show.
Please make sure your artwork is ready to hang by following these instructions on wiring your piece properly before the in-gathering:
● Choose the location for your hanging hardware. It needs to be about 1/3 down from the top of your piece. If too high, the wire will come above the top edge. If too low, the balance will be off and the top can kick off the wall instead of hanging snuggly against the wall.
● Attach the two D ring picture hangers or eye screws. D rings go directly on the back of the artwork supports and eye screws go on the inner edge of the supports.
● Thread and tie the wire through the hardware. Make sure the wire is then neatly wrapped around itself on both sides. You should have at least 2 inch “tail” on each side of the artwork depending on the size and weight of your piece.
● Make sure your wire isn’t too tight or too loose.
● Hang it on the wall and check that it was easy to hang up and that the wire doesn’t show. Please!!! Double check how it hangs on the wall.
● Artwork with sawtooth hangers will not be accepted.
We encourage submission of works that have not graced our walls within the last 12 months.
Deliver work at the designated time on the date of the Ingathering. Please note: the ingathering will begin at the very back of the Arts Center in the McIntyre Family Studio and progress into the Robinson Family Studio. Arrangements must be made to pick up artwork that is not accepted. Work that is not picked up during the designated pick up time will be stored at a charge of $5 per day unless you make arrangements in advance. An email will be sent by 5 p.m. on the Ingathering day notifying you if you need to pick up your piece(s). If you recieve no email, you have no pieces to pick up (remember to check your email's Spam folder!). Please note that all work needs to be delivered and picked up at the gallery, as we are not equipped for shipping and receiving.
For the benefit of all artists represented, artwork that is accepted must remain at the gallery until the last day of the show, 4 p.m., unless the buyer is leaving town or the work is to be shipped.
Artist's Statement or Bio
Artists accepted in the show are encouraged to submit a short (1 page) Bio and/or Artist's Statement or update a previous bio on file.
Bin Art Submittal
Artists accepted into the show may bring 1-2 pieces of shrink wrapped (cellophane) original art for sale in the gallery bin.
No giclées or copies of originals. Maximum size 22″ x 32″, unframed only, must be in a mat board. Pieces must be clearly labeled on the back with the artist's name, titled, media, and price.
A 40% commission of art sales will be collected by the gallery.
Deliver to the gallery on the Ingathering day during pickup hours or during the first week of the show during Gallery hours.
Deliver up to 12 pieces of your work to the Gallery at the Jewelry Ingathering date and time.
$10 entry fee for CAC members, $15 for non members.
Have your work tagged with prices and bring an inventory list. A 40% Commission on jewelry sales goes to the Arts Center Gallery.
Arrangements must be made to pick up “no thank you’s” the same day and time in the Jewelry Ingathering notice – no exceptions.
For more information, go to our Call to Jewelers Page HERE.